Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
There are so many arty sites out there offering ideas for gifts for artists who draw without remembering that many of the people buying the gifts will not be artists!
If you’re looking for some beautiful gift ideas that do not involve learning about the technicalities of pencils and sketchbooks, look no further!
These aren’t your generic drawing-related gifts either. From the quirky and cool gift ideas to the thoughtful and personal, there are presents to suit every recipient and every price range too.
Unique Gifts For Artists Who Draw
1. MYNT3D Professional Printing 3D Pen with OLED Display
- Watch imagination come to life with the Professional 3D Pen
- Adjustable feed lets you regulate speed & flow for optimal control of material while you're drawing
Kicking things off with a bang, this 3D Printing pen is definitely not the cheapest gift on the list (at just under $60) but it is one of the most awesome!
Any artist who loves to draw will have certainly spent hours daydreaming about their drawings coming to life… and now they really can. The pen takes a bit of getting used to but then is actually really easy to use.
It comes in lovely packaging and would definitely spark excitement when opened as a gift! The 3D printing pen also comes with enough filament to really get going with your 3D drawings too.
2. ARTEZA Professional Drawing Pencil Set
- 33-Piece Drawing Pencil Set: Comes with 18 drawing pencils, 3 charcoal pencils, 1 white charcoal pencil, 2 woodless pencils, 1 black Inkonic Fineliner, 3 paper blenders, 1 metal sharpener, 3 erasers,...
- Professional Art Essentials: This drawing set is perfect for teens, beginners, and pros. Each pencil sketch set has all the pencils, blenders, and tools you need to make high-quality sketches.
High quality drawing pencils are the most important part of an artist’s toolkit, and this set by ARTEZA is of an excellent, professional quality. It includes 33 different pieces, including drawing pencils, charcoal pencils, woodless pencils, a fine liner pen, and accessories.
The pencils have a wide range of hardness across all the types, making them perfect for artists who draw using different lines and textures. The set also includes precision erasers for correcting mistakes and premium sharpeners. If you want to provide the artist in your life with the highest quality drawing tools, you can’t go wrong with the ARTEZA professional drawing pencil set.
3. 642 Things to Draw: Inspirational Sketchbook
- Chronicle Books (CA)
- Chronicle Books (Author)
This is a no-brainer, very affordable gift for any artist who loves to draw. With over 600 ideas, ranging from the funny and specific (a pickle?!) to the intricate, this book is packed with prompts to ensure that artists will never run out of drawing ideas.
The book has a beautiful design that, of course, any artist would appreciate and is simply laid out to allow for maximum practicing space.
642 Things to Draw is suitable for any drawing skill level and overall just a great, unique present for artists of pretty much any age.
4. Pretty Paper Club Subscription Box
While drawers love to sketch in their dedicated sketchbooks, they find themselves drawing on whatever scrap of paper when inspiration hits. Rather than leaving them to odd ends of paper, treat them with gorgeous stationery that can sit pretty on their work desk.
The monthly subscription box delivers beautiful personalized stationery with accessories that could include pens, washi tape, stickers, or sticky notes. Each month has a different theme, allowing artists who draw to brighten up their workspace with the Pretty Paper Club subscription box.
5. Battery Operated Electronic Pencil Sharpener
- FLEXIBLE POWER SUPPLIES: The pencil sharpener can work with either 2 AA batteries or be plugged into your computer with the included 31.5 inches-long USB plug (when plugged in, the motor runs faster),...
We know what you’re thinking… a sharpener? Seems like quite a dull present… but wait a second! This is not your average sharpener by any means.
First of all, it is super stylish and comes in a range of colors that would look great in any artist’s workshop. More than this, though, it is a super efficient electric sharpener that allows any artist to be able to continue drawing without annoying delays to sharpen.
It’s also very quiet while sharpening and you can simply plug it in to charge it.
6. Drawing is My Cardio T-Shirt
In today’s world, it’s extremely fashionable to go to the gym, work out, and focus on healthy living. This tongue in cheek “Drawing is My Cardio” t-shirt nods to this culture while allowing artists who draw to demonstrate their true passion.
The shirt is available in 27 different block colors with the slogan and pencil graphics, allowing you to choose the style that matches the artist’s personality. It’s available in sizes from small to 5XL and made from soft, attractive ring spun cotton. If you want to add a cute t-shirt to the wardrobe of an artist who draws, you can’t go wrong with the Drawing is My Cardio t-shirt by LunaMay.
7. BIC BodyMark Temporary Tattoo Marker
- Express yourself with BodyMark by BIC Temporary Tattoo Markers
If you know an artist who dreams of drawing their creations on people but is not a tattoo artist, or you know a tattoo artist who wants free reign to practice drawing on skin, this is an awesome gift idea.
These pens are safe for skin and last well but also wash off when necessary. I was recently gifted these and now my flatmate has no excuse but to let me unleash my imagination on them!
I’ve created some amazing designs really easily with these pens too. The only thing to note is that these temporary tattoo pens are not a good idea for people with sensitive skin.
8. Charcoal Expressions Drawing Box
Charcoal drawing is a rewarding activity that pushes artists to create detail without color, therefore paying more attention to shading and minute details. It’s challenging as well as fun, making it suitable for artists of all levels.
This subscription box delivers two drawings every month, along with tutorials and videos for how to create the artwork. While the drawings have guidelines, details are customizable, making the Charcoals Expressions Drawing Box a great gift for artists who want to improve their skills and have fun doing it.
9. Gaiam Restore Hand & Finger Massager
- FINGER MASSAGER: Increases circulation, reduces stiffness and soothes arthritis and joint pain in your hands
There are few feelings in the world quite like getting so into creating a piece of art that you lose track of time and your surroundings.
The hand cramps that follow this, however, are often equally unforgettable.
This hand massager is a great gift for artists who draw. Not only is it really affordable, at less than $10, but it will have a real impact on their ability to draw for longer and enjoy the process more. It’s easy to use but comes with how to use instructions as well.
10. ARTEZA Professional Colored Pencils Set
- 120 Unique Colors: Create stunning color combinations with these durable coloring pencils. Each pencil is labeled and numbered for easy color identification.
- Blendable Colored Pencils: This bulk set includes highly pigmented colors that are perfect for blending, mixing and layering shades.
Add a splash of color to the life of an artist who draws with this gorgeous professional colored pencil set. It includes an astonishingly 120 different shades in durable pencils that are resistant to breaking while producing vibrant color. It’s easy to blend and layer colors together for even more shading possibilities, allowing artists to create exactly as they see in their imagination.
All the pencils come in a durable, double-hinged travel case, making the ARTEZA professional colored pencils set perfect for the artist on the go who wants convenience as well as reliability.
11. Personalized Pencils – Round – Pastel Colors
- 12 - High quality woodcased HB No. 2 Lead - Laser color with WHITE IMPRINT - Hexagon graphite pencils – Non smear eraser. **Please read all product bullets and scroll down to Product description**
- Free personalized with your custom text. Please use the "Customize Now" button to personalize your order.
This is a great gift for any artist who draws. Not only are the pencils of a really high quality but you can order them to come personalized with up to 42 characters, which makes them a really special and unique gift.
Engrave them with the artist’s name or even a sweet little message. These are a great gift for kids who love to draw but also make any adult artist’s workspace look cute.
You can order these personalized pencils in a range of beautiful pastel colors and for less than $15 too!
12. Fabulous Figures Book by Jane Davenport
Drawing realistic bodies can be one of the most challenging tasks for an artist who draws. This is especially true if the artist wants to create unconventional bodies outside of the model norm to better reflect humankind.
Jane Davenport’s guide shows artists a simple but fun method to create human bodies that are in proportion, as well as adding details to the face, body, and clothing. This ranges from figures that are suitable for fashion design, fantasy figures, and even life drawing figures. If you know an artist who wants to improve their human forms, the Fabulous Figures Book is the perfect gift.
13. US Art Supply Extra Large Adjustable Wood Artist Drawing & Sketching Board
- Beautifully hand crafted from seasoned beechwood, and finished with natural oil
- 6 Adjustable settings from flat to a 80 angle so you can find your perfect drawing angle
If none of the gifts so far have taken your fancy, we’re taking things back to the drawing board… literally.
The drawing board is incredibly sturdy and attractive looking. Any artist who draws will know the awful back pain that comes with being hunched over a drawing all day.
If the artist in your life doesn’t have one of these already this is a super thoughtful, if a little more expensive, gift.
This drawing board is suitably sized for almost any size of drawing canvas and is also adjustable, which makes it even more comfortable to use. This may also make a great gift for an architect or even a watercolor artist.
14. ARTEZA Drawing Pad
- Set of 2 Premium Drawing Pads, each with 80 sheets measuring 9" x 12" (after page detachment)
- Thick, lightly textured paper (80lb/130g)
If you’re looking for a practical and helpful gift for a sketch artist, you can’t go wrong with drawing paper. This pack of 2 drawing pads has off-white, acid-free paper that serves as a perfect background for all kinds of drawings.
The books are spiral bound, allowing artists to easily turn the pages and find their favorite drawings, with micro perforations that make it easy to rip out pages to display finished work. Extra drawing paper is always a welcome gift for artists who draw and the ARTEZA drawing pad set is top of its class.
Arty Gifts for Arty Folks
So, there you have it. It can be hard to think of creative gifts for creative people… Not everyone’s mind works that way!
Now, however, there is no need to keep googling “what is the best pencil size for drawing” or “nice sketchbooks to buy,” this list provides you with a lot of really thoughtful gifts for artists who draw.
With gifts for every budget that are not only super cool looking but allow the artist in your life to keep progressing with their drawing, these are sure to put a smile on everyone’s faces.