Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Are you panic searching the internet looking for what to buy someone who likes calligraphy?
Maybe you know they like calligraphy or hand lettering, but you are not even completely sure what those things are?!
We get it… Calligraphy is a such lovely, unique hobby but it can be difficult to find a gift special enough. This list of amazing gifts for calligraphers is sure to solve that issue!
We have included thoughtful present ideas to suit every budget and every occasion.
What’s more, this list contains items that you probably haven’t even come across yet, no matter how many web pages you’ve been scrolling through…
33 Best Gifts for Calligraphers
1. The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners
- English (Publication Language)
The chances are the calligrapher in your life is not focused on just recreating the calligraphy styles of the past.
This book provides an up to date reference for all the latest calligraphy styles as well as easy to follow instructions and space to practice. If you, or the calligrapher that you know, is active on the calligraphy side of Instagram you will certainly have seen the author of this book posting incredible lettering ideas on her profile!
The Ultimate Guide to Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners has pages and pages of lovely ideas and will keep any calligrapher busy for hours.
2. Dip Pen and Ink Gift Box
- ♥UNIQUE & ROMANTIC: Exquisite spiral pattern and tiny decorative sequins increase the high-grade texture of these glass pens. Each pen is hand-crafted and unique. Feels amazing in your hands and on...
Pens are the most precious tool of any calligrapher, and so thoughtfully choosing a well-designed and elegant pen set is one of the best gift ideas.
The pen is made from hand blown glass and comes in a set with 4 colorful inks, a glass pen holder, dropper, and cup. The Dip Pen and Ink Gift Box is well-designed enough to be both a practical gift and a stunning addition to a calligrapher’s workstation.
3. FEATTY GIFTS Calligraphy Pen Set
- DURABLE & RESILIENT: The Featty artist grade Calligraphy Pen Set is produced in our manufacturing facility working in partnership with some of the finest pen and ink making families, pioneering new...
As well as staying up to date on the latest styles, any calligrapher will appreciate the timeless appeal of a quill style calligraphy pen.
Despite its reasonable price, this pen set comes with a range of nibs as well as several high-quality ink colors. The ink flows smoothly and provides a great writing experience.
The ink bottles are beautifully designed, but the whole calligraphy pen set is just as lovely, and this is definitely a gift that put a smile on any calligrapher’s face.
4. LED Artist’s Light Table
- BATTERY POWERED: This led light pad allows you to enjoy the convenience of using it anytime, anywhere with the built-in battery. Works for around 6 hours after charged 2 hours at a time. Both battery...
Calligraphy is all about precision and it can be tricky to achieve that at nighttime or if you have less than ideal vision. While you could use a lamp, a specially designed light table is so much better for those late night calligraphy projects.
This professional-quality pad is a thin light that you can place paper on top of. Its light is bright enough to shine through paper for maximum visibility, while dimmer settings ensure that the LED Artist’s Light Table doesn’t damage a calligrapher’s eyes.
5. Hand Lettering Pens – Brush Pens
- 4 Size( extra-fine, fine, medium, brush)best brush pens for lettering and calligraphy. they perfectly decorate the surface of any product and you may use them for printable invitations, wall art,...
Any calligrapher will tell you that their most prized possession is a brush pen. Though it is likely that they probably have 300 of these lying around their workshop, they would also tell you that they can never have too many!
These are not just the standard brush pens either. They come in four sizes with both a hard and a soft tip for using on different surfaces and creating different effects.
These brush pens are also refillable which means that this is a gift that can be used for years to come!
6. Rainbow Star Dip Pen
- Unique craftsmanship - Written with thread design, increase the adsorption of ink, to extend the writing time, flowing like a stroke. Meteor pattern pen tip thickness between 0.5-0.6, let writing is...
Dip pens are the ultimate gift for calligraphers who want to explore their passion with a vintage feel. This star dip pen evokes 17th Century Venice, with gorgeous glass construction, kaleidoscope coloring, and an ethereal quality that makes writing with it feel out of this world.
The pen is hand blown and can work with either regular ink or paired with Star Shimmer Ink for truly magical results. It comes in a box that can keep the Rainbow Star Dip Pen safe and secure when not in use, while allowing calligraphers to show it off in their office.
7. Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Notepad
- Gray & Gold Publishing (Author)
Another staple item for any lover of calligraphy is, of course, a notepad. Sure, they probably have a bunch of these around too but, for a calligrapher, there aren’t many feelings that compare to the excitement of getting a new one… and this one is especially beautiful!
If you are not particularly a calligraphy fan, you might not necessarily notice the qualities of good paper but trust us when we say that this notepad is great value for its affordable price!
The paper is really bright, and it has a matte finish which will make any writing stand out.
8. Pencil Case Holder Slot
- LARGE PENCIL ORGANIZER - Top quality Pencil Case that has a multi-layer compartments and large capacity that can store up to 202 colored pencils or 136 gel pen markers. The cover is made of the best...
This is a really nice looking but, more importantly, really functional pencil case that would make a great gift for a calligrapher.
Not only is it way bigger than the average pencil case, but it is optimized to store a huge number of pens specifically. This gift would give any calligraphy lover a great way to store and display their tools and it comes in several amazing designs.
9. Steampunk Journal and Pen Set
- 【Quill Pen Ink Set Included】: 1* Quill Pen, 1* Notebook, 1* Ink（Black）, 1* Seal Stamp, 1* Pen Holder, 5* Stainless Steel Nibs Of Different Sizes, 1* Wax Beads, 1* White Wax, 1* Spoon, 1* Cup,...
There’s something so enticing about Steampunk, with its retro futuristic aesthetic that draws its inspiration from the steam-powered machinery of the 19th Century. The aesthetic is just as alluring in this modern age and alternative calligraphers will delight in this journal and pen set inspired by the Victorian age.
The journal itself has a leather look with metal cog details and old-timey embellishments that are sure to elicit inspiration from any kind of calligrapher. It also comes with nibs, ink, a wax seal, and a goose feather pen, making the Steampunk Journal and Pen Set a fully inclusive gift for calligraphers.
10. Metallic Calligraphy Ink Pigments
These ink pigments come in a range of stunning colors that will take any piece of calligraphy to the next level.
From iridescent gold to rose gold and true blue, every color in this set of ink pigments is unique and of excellent quality. It should be noted, however, that these are only pigments and need to be made up into inks and then stored in separate bottles.
Any calligrapher will probably know how to mix inks, but you can find instructions online if not. You could also buy some cute bottles as part of your gift! See the next item in this list for an idea…
11. Van Gogh Feather Quill Pen Set
- 🎁 WHAT YOU GET - You will receive 1*feather book, 1*15ml black ink, and 5*nibs with gift box. The length and weight of the feather and brass holder of the feather pen have been carefully designed....
Every calligrapher wants to feel like they’re in a Jane Austen novel or at Hogwarts, scribing away on parchment with a feather quill. This gorgeous set inspired by Van Gogh has a real feather that has been painted in the style of a Van Gogh painting and fashioned into a pen with replaceable tips.
You can choose from the inspiration of 4 different Van Gogh paintings: Starry Night, Sunflowers, Wheatfield with Crows, or Almond Blossom. The Van Gogh Feather Quill Pen Set also comes with an apothecary-style ink jar, allowing calligraphers to fully immerse themselves in the fantasy experience.
12. BetterUS Wooden Desktop Pen Holder with Ink Bottle Container
- Material:Wood pen holder;Glass ink bottle;Mental bottle cover.
This bottle, equipped with a wooden base and a groove to hold a pen in, would make a great gift for a calligrapher!
With an antique look to them, these bottles and pen holder are incredibly special and would fit in well in any office or artist’s workspace. The bottles arrive empty so your recipient can fill them up and change the ink as they like.
You should be aware before buying that this is a quite a small bottle, holding only 10ml of ink, but this is also a benefit as it means that ink colors can be swapped out easily.
13. ARTEZA EverBlend Art Markers
- Highly Pigmented Marker Set – 60 rich, alcohol-based art markers with vibrant colors and a clear blender marker make the perfect set for shading, layering, freestyling, and blending.
While some calligraphers like elegant and traditional black scripts, others like to play around with color and creativity. The latter will love this set of EverBlend Art Markers, which are specially designed for precision, versatility, and color.
The markers are available in 60 different colors and have dual tips that can draw precise lines from one side and be used for blending and filling on the other. They have a triangular shape that is easy and comfortable to the grip, making the ARTEZA EverBlend Art Markers a fun and practical gift for calligraphers.
14. Molshine Handmade High Borosilicate Glass Dip Pen
- Spiral Design, Hand-Made. The pen is threaded designed to increase ink adsorption, smooth writing, to extend the writing time, hand-made, pen grip comfortable. Once dipped in ink can be mantained...
Pens make the most obvious gifts for calligraphers. This pen, however, is anything but obvious!
Made entirely of glass, this pen would make a special addition to any calligrapher’s collection. It can still be used, though obviously with slightly more difficulty than a regular pen. There are benefits to using a glass pen, however. Not only can they be cleaned more easily but they provide a new and interesting look to a piece of calligraphy.
These handmade glass pens are also, a little surprisingly, exceptionally durable and shatterproof. Maybe don’t gift this to your clumsier friends, though!
15. Pretty Simple Lettering: Modern Calligraphy & Hand Lettering for Beginners
- Whitney Farnsworth (Author)
The latest trend in calligraphy is definitely hand lettering, which consists of a more specific style of lettering that puts greater focus on each letter.
Pretty Simple Lettering is a great gift idea for people who love calligraphy but are newer to hand lettering. Each page is special, and the book is full of floral designs and easy to follow instructions.
I gifted this book to my friend who has been doing calligraphy for years, but wanted to try out hand lettering – she loved it!
16. Calligraphy Alphabet Ornament Hot Foil Plate
- Glimmer Hot Foil Plates add stunning foil features to any project from cards to mixed media and more
Christmas is one of the most special holidays of the year, but too many people rely on store-bought cards that take little time or effort. Calligraphers and crafters alike will delight in this hot foil plate which can create a Christmas ornament made from beautiful calligraphy letters.
Using the hot foil method, crafters can apply the calligraphy design to cards, allowing calligraphers to create their own personalized Christmas cards. The result is elegant and full of holiday cheer, making the Calligraphy Alphabet Ornament Hot Foil Plate a perfect gift for just before Christmas.
17. SCStyle 32 Lovely Stationery Paper
This gift gives the calligrapher lover in your life a chance to put their calligraphy practice to use.
The paper in this collection is of a great quality and all the sheets have really intricate floral designs. At less than $10, these are incredible value for money but make for a very thoughtful gift.
This set of 32 pieces of writing paper and 16 envelopes are sure to contribute well to a calligrapher’s paper collection – as well as giving them something nice to write you a thank you card on!
18. ARTEZA Acrylic Art Markers
- Acrylic Markers in Bold Colors: Enjoy hours of fun with this set of 20 brilliant and opaque paint markers in 17 standard colors plus 3 metallics.
Acrylic art markers are unmatched for their versatility, allowing calligraphers to do their magic on any surface from paper to glass, or even metal. The markers come in 40 different colors, including metallic shades, and are made from a water-based acrylic that dries quickly and without smell.
The markers have replaceable tips, which have both a round and chisel shape for different strokes, which can be easily swapped with the included tweezers. The ARTEZA Acrylic Art Markers are also certified non-toxic, making them a safe gift for calligraphers with young children or naughty pets.
19. Wax Seal Stamp Set
- ★Diameter: Approx. 0.98inch / 2.5cm, Length: Approx. 3.54inch / 9cm.
If you know a calligrapher who is an avid letter writer, they will be sure to love this set of wax stamps.
Personalizing a letter with this seal stamp set, which comes with 6 different designs including a compass and a heart, is such a fun touch to add to any piece of calligraphy. You simply pour hot wax onto the letter and stamp away! It is really easy and super satisfying to do.
This is one of the more unique gift options on our list and even comes packaged and tied with ribbon.
20. Crystal Glass Dip Pen Ink Set
- Glass Signature Pen, Contrast the traditional dip pen, Written with thread design, increase the adsorption of ink, to extend the writing time, crystal glass material, excellent quality and...
For another great ink-related gift option, this set provides 12 inks that are completely ready to use and come in a variety of amazing colors as well as a stylish glass pen.
At less than $20, this really is great value, especially as it all comes presented in a gift box with a unique design on the front. Everything is of a really high quality.
This ink set could make an especially good gift for a calligraphy lover who is quite new to the craft and doesn’t have lots of equipment yet.
21. Paul Antonio Copperplate Script: A Yin & Yang Approach
Some calligraphers dedicate their time to perfecting certain scripts for their beauty and historical significance. Copperplate is one of these scripts and is perhaps the most classic of all the calligraphy styles. This comprehensive guide by Paul Antonio teaches calligraphers how to produce the script to perfection, including explanations from a geometrical and physics point of view.
This copy of the Paul Antonio Copperplate Script is also signed by the author, making it a great gift for calligraphers who love and respect this most sacred of scripts.
22. Good Vibes Only Calligraphy Art Print
- Hand-made in our North Carolina studio
This print, handmade in the US, perfectly illustrates the beauty of great calligraphy. It would make a great gift option, something a calligraphy lover could hang on their wall and look to as they write.
The slogan- “good vibes only” -would create a cool, arty vibe in any office or workspace but there are other awesome slogan options available too.
The calligraphy art print is created with the best quality of matte paper but come unframed, so you will need to bear this in mind when ordering. You can also buy some boarding separately for a different look.
23. Calligraphy Letters T-Shirt
- A unique Islamic Art featuring a colorful Arabian horse designed with Arabic calligraphy can make a perfect gift for for horses lovers.
You often wouldn’t know about a calligrapher’s passion unless you get into an in-depth conversation with them or happen to catch them scrawling in a notepad. This attractive graphic tee allows calligraphers to outwardly show their passion and strike up a conversation with any fellow lettering lovers.
The tee is available in 3 different block colors and has an eye-catching graphic of the Arabic calligraphy in a Arabian horse head design. It’s available in sizes from small to 3XL and made from 100% cotton, making the T-Shirt just as comfortable as it is fashionable.
24. Teagas Chinese Calligraphy Sumi Brush Writing/Painting Set
- GREAT STARTER SET-- This Chinese Calligraphy Sumi Brush Writing/Painting Set is very suitable and practical for Beginners and Lovers. It is 100% ink writing mode. When grinding ink, just use the spoon...
There is something extra special about a Chinese calligraphy set. This particular set is lovely, with attention paid to every detail. It has a little spoon to grind the ink with and small china utensils that help you to mix it.
The set comes with a range of brush sizes and, though it does not come with ink, is an overall great kit for people just starting up with Chinese calligraphy.
This gift is a little more expensive, but it is definitely worth it as it’s a really thoughtful gift that many calligraphers are unlikely to own already.
25. Traditional Chinese Calligraphy Brushes
- The Chinese Calligraphy brush is a kind of the traditional writing and painting tools in China.
Chinese artists were long perfecting calligraphy before it was even heard of in the Western world. Many traditional Chinese art forms feature calligraphy, and the Kanji script itself is pure calligraphy. This set of authentic brushes are handmade from beginning to end.
The brushes are made from wolf hair that is sturdy but easy to clean and come with a simple brush holder that makes storage easy. The Traditional Chinese Calligraphy Brush set is suitable for all kinds of calligraphy and painting, making it a great gift for versatile artists.
26. Dot Grid Journal: A Dotted Matrix Notebook and Planner
- Design Co., Lettering (Author)
If you know someone that is into calligraphy, they will almost certainly already enjoy journaling and especially bullet journaling.
Bullet journaling is a way to organize your time that often includes intricately written headings and designs. If the calligrapher in your life doesn’t already bullet journal, this could be a great thing to introduce them to!
This dot grid journal is particularly special and has a gorgeous floral cover. Any calligrapher would enjoy filling these pages with their calligraphy- their daily tasks, their monthly calendar their goals and plans.
27. Do What Makes You Happy Tapestry
Many kinds of art are often criticized as being impractical or a waste of time by those who only see the value in making money. However, calligraphers know that in creating lies a simple joy and feeling of peace that only art can bring. This simple white tapestry with black calligraphy lettering reminds everyone “do what makes you happy”.
The tapestry is available in 3 different sizes and is made from lightweight polyester that looks great even after extended use. It’s also machine-washable, allowing calligraphers to display the Do What Makes You Happy Tapestry for years to come.
28. House Industries Lettering Manual
This book contains literally hundreds of beautifully crafted letter/font designs from a widely renowned American design studio.
As well as going into detail on case studies from these iconic designs, House Industries Lettering Manual has space for readers to practice their own writing. This gift looks great on the shelf but is also full of useful information. The reader will learn several different methods and techniques as well as being able to see photographs of finished projects.
This is a gift that is sure to inspire its recipient. Maybe they will even come up with their own new iconic writing styles!
29. ARTEZA Real Brush Pens Travel Bundle
- Open for a plentiful surprise; Your organizer comes equipped with 96 vivid, non-toxic paint brush markers, as well as 1 self-moistening water brush pen for easy and convenient watercolor painting
Calligraphers on the go will love this travel bundle by ARTEZA that includes a full set of real brush pens. The enormous pack includes 96 pens inside of a sturdy travel case that has space for up to 108 pens, as well as additional pockets for other art supplies.
The pens can be used either wet or dry and have a flexible brush tip that can be adapted to any kind of stroke, from the fine lines of calligraphy to heavy shading. They can be used to produce either bold color or a watercolor effect without the mess, making the ARTEZA Real Brush Pens Travel Bundle a great gift for calligraphers of all kinds.
30. AmazonBasics Thermal Laminator Machine
- Thermal laminator for laminating documents up to 11 x 17 inches; works with letter and legal size papers and more
Laminator machines are great gifts for calligraphers, allowing them to feel a sense of satisfaction from completing a piece of writing and actually being able to preserve and display it!
This laminator is a really affordable option and warms up quickly ready for use. Having a laminator also enables calligraphers to foil laminate their work which basically means adding gold detailing to their letters.
You will also need to buy laminator sheets, but these can be purchased for under $10 and you can include them as a paid add-on with this machine.
31. Just Breathe Calligraphy Mug
With the fast paced modern life that we live, even calligraphers have to be reminded sometimes to “just breathe”. This simplistic white mug features that calming phrase in calligraphy script that wraps around the ceramic surface.
It’s sturdy and dishwasher safe, making it a perfect gift for anyone who wants a reliable cup for their tea or coffee. If the calligrapher in your life is stressing out, remind them to take a second for reflection and enjoyment with the Just Breathe Calligraphy Mug.
32. Tikteck A4 Ultra-thin Portable LED Light Box Tracer
- Portable and Slim- The thickness is only 5mm(less than 0.3 inch) which makes it easy to carry. Dimension: 14.1 inch x 9.4 inch. The illumination is even, bright, and flicker-free
If you want to buy a calligrapher a gift that will really help them to improve their craft, a light box is the best option.
No longer will they have to wait for the optimal hours of daylight to write but now they can practice their calligraphy at any time of day. Using a light box will also allow them to be more precise.
The Tikteck light box is one of the best options out there. It is not expensive, at just over $30, and you can charge it via USB and take it anywhere you go!
33. ARTEZA Wine Glass Acrylic Markers
- 8 Vivid Metallic Shades: Go bold with 8 window paint markers for glass. These washable colors will pop on any color whether it’s dark or light. Each set contains 8 metallic shades, including red,...
Calligraphers can add an extra splash of color and detail to the next hen’s night, NYE party, or general gathering with the use of wine glass acrylic markers. The markers come in a set of 8 different metallic colors that shine on glass, ceramic, plastic, or wood.
The acrylic is so smooth and easy to apply that there is no risk of mess, just beautiful colorful metallic that can spice up ordinary party glasses. If the calligrapher in your life is also a lover of social gatherings and special events, the Wine Glass Acrylic Markers by ARTEZA will be a welcome addition to their collection.
Unique Gifts for Every Calligrapher
So, there you have it… 37 amazing gifts for calligraphers. Every option on our list is affordable but, more importantly, all of them are sure to impress the calligrapher in your life!
From ornately designed glass pens and ink bottles to laminators and light boxes, this list covers both practical and aesthetically pleasing gift options.
You’ll just need to be prepared to receive a lot of letters…!
Other Great Literary Gift Ideas…
- 16 Best Gifts for Poets (That Might Get You Included In Their Next Poem)
- 18 Best Gifts for Songwriters in a Range of Budgets
- 25 Best Gifts for Audiobook Lovers (That Show You Have Been Listening!)
- 30 of the Best Gifts for Book Lovers… (That Aren’t Books!)
- 33 Best Gifts for Calligraphers (This List is a Stroke of Genius!)