Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
You’ve been racking your brain trying to come up with a great gift idea for your civil engineering friend or family member.
It’s never easy to find the perfect special gift that lets people know how much you care about them.
Forget about scouring the Internet any longer because you’ve discovered the best place for civil engineering gifts!
Look through our expertly chosen recommendations below and pick the best one for the civil engineer in your life.
- This civil engineer t-shirt with an engineering funny mathematics motive is an ideal gift for a student who is currently studying to become a civil engineer but also for already examined engineers as...
There’s nothing funnier than a really good math joke! You might not necessarily agree with me, but your favorite civil engineer certainly does.
This shirt will leave them in stitches because the quirky question and the extremely difficult math problem on the front says it all. The civil engineer in your life will bust a gut after reading the front of this funny T-shirt.
It’s available in five colors and it’s perfect for men, women, and children too.
2. Rubber Mouse Pad
- Dimensions (in inches): 8 W x 8 H x 0.25 D
This classic mousepad makes a unique and interesting gift for civil engineers far and wide. It has a beautiful matte finish, it’s very soft to the touch, yet it’s designed so that it doesn’t crack or peel like other mousepads.
Even better, it has a very detailed set of blueprints in the picture with a really funny quote that says, “Engineering is rarely civil.” I know your favorite civil engineer will get a kick out of this mousepad.
3. Silly Coffee Mug
- MAUAG Christmas Gifts Funny Engineer Coffee Mug Dishwasher and Microwave Safe, Printed On Both Sides.
I always appreciate a silly coffee mug that can make me laugh and always get me to crack a smile. And I’m sure your favorite civil engineer will feel the same way once they see this crazy mug!
The silly saying on the front boils civil engineering down to doing hard math! It’s funny and a little bit outrageous, which is why the joke is so hilarious in my opinion. It’s also the reason it makes a great gift.
4. Plastic Street Sign
When I was a kid, I would always see teenagers running around the neighborhood stealing street signs. I never personally understood the appeal, but people like to own green street signs for some reason!
In this case, this plastic street sign will be right up your civil engineer’s alley because it highlights their profession in big and bold white letters on a green street sign background. This sign is pretty cool if you ask me.
- This kitchen tool makes a perfect birthday gift or gag gift for an Engineer.
Your favorite civil engineer will certainly appreciate this gorgeous bamboo cutting board if they also happen to like cooking. This cutting board says Engineer by Day and Chef by Night right on the front, which makes it a very special gift for the person who enjoys both of these professions, even if cooking is only a hobby.
It’s 30 ounces, beautifully engraved, and it’s a gorgeous home decoration that can also be used as an actual cutting board.
6. Unique Wall Clock
- A UNIQUE WAY TO TRACK THE HOURS Instead of Roman numerals or traditional numbers, this clock has a different equation at each demarcation
This is one of my favorite clocks for civil engineers. This wall clock is unique, tracks the hours in a very interesting way, and it uses equations instead of numbers to tell the time.
This wall clock is the right size, it’s nice and big and black and easy to view, and you’ll have no trouble telling the time from all away across the room.
It runs on AA batteries so there aren’t wires or cords getting in the way.
7. Professional Executive Pen
- ✅ The Coolest Eye-catching Centerpiece: Cosmic inspired & engineered to defy gravity, Hoverpen 2.0 Interstellar Edition is the world's first pen hovering at an angle. It won Time Best Inventions...
This stunning executive pen makes the perfect gift for a science nerd or professional engineer. It’s aesthetically appealing, made of precision quality materials, and it’s an awesome centerpiece that moves in kinetic motion but doesn’t require power or some type of energy source to move. In fact, the packaging says that it was cosmically inspired!
The specifics really don’t matter. What matters is this futuristic design is freaking cool looking and your engineer will adore it!
8. Stainless Steel Keychain
- Gift for ENGINEER - "ENGINEER Solving Problems You Didn't Know You Had in Ways You Can't Understand" engineer keychain gifts.Funny gift for Engineer, Engineering student, Scientist, Computer engineer,...
I love this keychain so much because it encompasses the engineering mindset. These guys and gals are always solving our everyday problems in ways that we couldn’t understand or even know that we were experiencing in the first place!
This gorgeous stainless-steel keychain encompasses engineering in a unique and interesting way. Not only is it perfect because it has a little gear connected to the keychain, but the funny saying makes it special and worthwhile for your favorite civil engineer.
9. STEM Construction Kit
- KIDS LEARN all about buildings. They’ll discover all types of forces applied in buildings and Bridges and how they are designed to provide massive weight support. They can build 9 working models...
This construction kit is the perfect gift to give a civil engineer to use on their downtime. It comes with an illustrated instruction manual, which we know engineers seem to love!
Plus, it’s made with award-winning components, it has a quiz book, and the model is truly amazing. Your civil engineer friend will adore this gift.
10. Casual Quote Socks
- ☆77% Cotton, 20% Polyamide and 3% Elastane
Engineers are never wrong. At least that’s what it says on the bottom of these socks! I doubt your favorite civil engineer will argue with this hilarious saying.
I like the socks a great deal because they’re very comfortable, made mostly of cotton, they fit perfectly, they come with two pairs in the package, and they are dressy and casual all at the same time.
These socks make the perfect gift for the holidays, anniversaries, birthday presents, or housewarming gifts.
11. High Performance Laptop
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
Do you know what a civil engineer can always use? A high-performance laptop! This 2020 Apple MacBook Air is ideal because it has a stunning display, plenty of storage, a backlit keyboard, a camera, and it’s powerful enough to run powerful engineering computer programs without constantly crashing every five minutes.
This is the perfect gift for the civil engineer in your life. They’ll absolutely love it and appreciate that Apple has made a climate friendly pledge, so it’s environmentally friendly.
12. Scientific Calculator
A scientific calculator is a wonderful gift idea for the civil engineer in your life. I don’t claim to know all of the interesting functions and equations that this type of calculator can answer, but I know that engineers need these calculators for their profession.
So, it’s definitely a great choice if you’re looking for something unique and practical for your favorite engineer.
13. LED Espresso Machine
- The NESCAFE Dolce Gusto Genio 2 is an automatic capsule coffee machine, designed to perfectly fit your single cup, black and specialty coffee brewing needs with a small footprint
Civil engineers need to stay on top of their game at all times during the day. Having an LED espresso maker in the office will definitely make it easier than ever to remain alert and awake all day long.
This machine is awesome because it makes espresso, cappuccinos, and regular cups of coffee. So, no matter what your civil engineer happens to be in the mood for, there’s definitely a setting to make their favorite caffeinated beverage.
14. Green-Beam Laser Measure
- 165ft durable rubber overmold reinforced housing green-beam laser measure – features an easy-to-read color display, great accuracy, haptic feedback and target visibility
I don’t claim to know everything that a civil engineer does throughout the day, because unfortunately I’m not smart enough to do their job! But I do know that I often see them walking around with a laser measure beam as they survey jobsites and set up their next civil construction project.
Are you looking for a unique gift for your civil engineer? This green-beam laser measure is an excellent choice.
15. Insulated Travel Tumbler
- WONDERFUL GIFT FOR MEN: Big hit for Christmas- men gifts travel tumbler with funny sayings" Trust Me I'm an Engineer". It is an amazing Christmas gift for men, him, dad, father, grandpa, papa,...
Your favorite engineer is most likely on the run a great deal throughout the day. Having an insulated travel tumbler at their beck and call means bringing hot coffee, warm soup, or other heated liquid beverages along for the ride.
Or if they prefer, they can use their tumbler to keep drinks ice cold during the warm summer months. Juice or other beverages stay cold for nine hours. Coffee stays hot for five hours.
16. Funny Pint Glass
- NOVELTY PRESENT: A cool beer glass that makes a great gift for men, women, husband, wife, dad, uncle, grandpa, friend, and coworker. Not only a perfect gift idea for Father’s Day, birthday,...
Even engineers like to kick back and relax after a long day at the office or on the job site. One great way to enjoy their leisure time is to sit back with a frosty pint glass of their favorite beer.
Well, your engineering pal will absolutely love this glass because it basically says to assume that everything they do is right because they’re never wrong! Whether true or not, your engineer will certainly eat it up.
17. Humorous Hooded Sweatshirt
- Trust me I'm an Engineer HOODIE. You're not arguing, you're just explaining why you're right. Great engineering tee for Aerospace, Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Computer,...
Would you like to make your engineer laugh their butt with a funny hooded sweatshirt? This sweatshirt is amazing because the saying on the front had me dying laughing and I know your engineer is going to like it too.
In a nutshell, it basically says that an engineer can never be wrong but in a really funny way.
The sweatshirt is available in five different colors and five sizes as well, so it will fit most people.
18. Novelty Lightweight T-Shirt
- Great novelty design "how to get Engineers attention "for engineers to make a smile with all.
Novelty T-shirts always have a way of making people laugh. This one is great because it tells you how to get an engineer’s attention.
I don’t want to give away the whole joke because you can see it right on the T-shirt. But suffice it to say that it had me rolling on the floor laughing with glee as soon as I read it.
This T-shirt is available in six sizes and nine different colors, so there’s something for everyone.
19. Civil Engineering Practice Exams
- Practice, Civil PE (Author)
Is your future civil engineer on the verge of taking the qualification exam? This book is filled with practice exams and questions and answers.
It’s great because it contains two full PE exams and it’s very similar to the actual exam, which will help your future professional show up to the examination fully prepared and ready to take the next step in their career.
I hope you weren’t suffering too much because you couldn’t find the perfect gift for your favorite civil engineer.
Thankfully, we took it upon ourselves to compile some excellent gifts for every budget. Consider any one of the unique T-shirts, novelty socks, espresso machines, executive pens, or other extraordinary gifts.
Instead of pulling your hair out, take it easy and pick one of these great gifts right away. Your civil engineer will love your gift choice no matter the occasion!