Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
You have to be very special to go into work when the sun goes down the night after night.
That’s why we decided to share the best gifts for night shift workers with you today.
Take a look at this list and discover the perfect gift for your favorite night owl!
17 Best Gifts for Night Shift Workers
1. Ceramic Mug
- A great nurse appreciation gift for nurse appreciation week. Nurse accessories are great gifts for nurses. Nursing student gifts like this make a great birthday gift for a nurse or nurses graduation...
The night shift nurse in your life will get a real kick out of this mug. It reminds them that they are doing God’s work and they don’t really need sleep anyway!
This 11-ounce white ceramic mug will show the nurse in your life how much you truly appreciate him or her. It makes a great birthday gift, graduation present, or if it’s for any other special occasion.
2. Therapeutic Body Pillow
- ENJOY A BLISSFUL NIGHT'S SLEEP: Adjustable stuffing in the MedCline Therapeutic Body Pillow allows for proper alignment of your neck, hips, and body for neutral joint positioning to create a...
After working a long shift overnight, it’s often difficult for night shift workers to fall asleep during the light of day. Sometimes it’s because the sun is too bright. Other times, they just can’t seem to get comfortable enough.
This body pillow is a gateway to a night (or day) of blissful sleep. It helps sleepers remain correctly aligned in bed so that their body, hips, and neck are properly contoured, comfortable, and supported while sleeping on their side.
3. Light & Sound Machine
- Sleep better: Personalize a sleep-wake routine to help you fall asleep, stay asleep & wake up refreshed.
Night workers never need to worry about having a tough time falling to sleep again. The light and sound machine creates the perfect bedtime routine.
This powerful device has a reading light, smart light, and sound machine all rolled into one. It has a sunrise alarm clock and it also helps you wind down to get a great night’s sleep.
4. Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- Product 1: Protect Your Eyes - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices such as computers, tablets, smartphones have shown to increase the risk of accumulated damage to the retina, sleep...
It’s important to protect your eyes from blue light being emitted from computer screens and other electronic devices. This light is particularly damaging to the eyes and it leads to macular degeneration, less production of melatonin, and cataracts in many cases.
To sleep better at night, night shift workers should wear blue light blocking glasses throughout the day. They’ll reduce eyestrain and remain in better circadian rhythms, which will make it easy to sleep after a long overnight shift.
5. Light Therapy Glasses
- ON-THE-GO LIGHT THERAPY - Enjoy more sessions anywhere you go with this portable design. The Luminette 3 can be worn while exercising, traveling, or working. It comes with a micro-USB cable and US...
Do you know one of the biggest problems with working the night shift? Many night shift workers hardly spend any time in the sun during the day. This can lead to sleep disorders, depression, and anxiety if it goes on too long.
It may be impossible to get outside and soak in the sun if you work overnight. These light therapy glasses stimulate the sun and lead to fighting winter blues, improving sleep, and less anxiety and stress.
6. Hooded Sweatshirt
- If you have a favorite profession, then this cool nurse design is just for you. A nurse always has her stethoscope to do a great job at the hospital!
This warm and comfortable hooded sweatshirt is exactly what your night shift worker is looking for. It covers their head and ears on those cold winter nights and it’s available in five different colors in many sizes, so you’re bound to find the right one for your loved one.
7. Do Not Disturb Signs
- KEEP YOUR PRIVACY: The sign states, "Please DO NOT DISTURB Thank You" on one side, and "Welcome PLEASE KNOCK Thank You" on the reverse. The do not disturb door hanger sign easily hangs on any...
Although families should know enough to not disturb somebody who works the night shift while they are sleeping during the day, these handy signs are a great reminder nonetheless.
They hope directly over the doorknob and they are very polite. It says Please Do Not Disturb and Thank You on one side. And on the other side, it says Welcome Please Knock Thank You.
You should avoid this room or knock, depending on which side is showing.
8. Aluminum Sign
- High Quality Material: Made of high quality steel metal
This aluminum sign is ideal for inside the house or out in front near the door, depending on the night shift worker’s needs. Ultimately, the sign reminds people that the night shift worker is sleeping, so they shouldn’t knock or ring the bell during the day.
It’s a great reminder for those who need it or those who tend to forget.
9. 3D Sleep Mask
- Latest 3D Design: Eye mask based on ergonomics. The contours of the eyes area are deeper and your eyes can move freely. No pressure to your eyes, perfectly solves the tightness of the silk Sleep...
What’s the one thing a night shift worker suffers with the most after they get home from a long shift? They usually have a hard time falling asleep because the sun is bright and shining and keeping them wide-awake.
This 3D Sleep Mask is the answer to all their prayers. It easily blocks out the light, contours over the eyes, and adjusts to perfectly fit over the user’s eyes.
10. Sleep Gummy Support
- OLLY EXTRA STRENGTH SLEEP GUMMIES: Powerful Melatonin gummies, with L-Theanine and Botanicals, help boost your natural sleep hormone, mellow your mind and calm your senses so you can relax and enjoy...
Never lie down in bed again wondering if you’ll have an easy time falling to sleep. These powerful sleep gummies contain sleep inducing ingredients including lemon balm, chamomile, melatonin, and L-theanine.
Take one before going to bed and you’ll be drifting off to dreamland in no time at all. It’s truly a miracle packed into a tiny purple gumdrop!
11. Noise Reduction Earplugs
- NOISE REDUCTION - Loop Quiet earplugs are reusable and durable hearing protection, made from soft silicone. They reduce most noise and help you to get in your bubble. They have a noise reduction...
Night shift workers never have to worry about being disturbed by loud noises during the day when they need their beauty sleep. These earplugs will make it easier to sleep and block out the background noise as the rest of the world goes about their business.
They are comfortable, easy-to-use, and more than affordable.
12. Accessory Storage Bag
- The make up bag is: 100% polyester, white color pouch with black zipper.
The storage bag is a lot of fun because it’s designed to make people laugh by the funny saying on the front. It basically labels itself as a night shift workers survival kit, which is pretty hilarious when you think about it!
It’s also sturdy, large enough to squeeze in important items like makeup, your keys, your wallet, and other items. And it’s waterproof, so it can handle just about anything!
13. Weighted Blanket
- The RelaxBlanket weighted blanket can help relax your body by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged, making you fall asleep faster and sleep better throughout the night.Wake up with full of...
Falling to sleep after a long shift is never easy unless you’re absolutely exhausted. The sunshine has a way of keeping us awake.
On the other hand, this weighted blanket weighs 17 pounds, which is very comforting when draped over our entire body.
Plus, the silky-smooth cotton material is soft and warm and incredibly comfortable.
14. Retractable Badge Holder
- 💗 Show your pride as a medical professional with this funny retractable badge reel. The perfect way to keep your medical ID card visible. Our badge holder with clip is a fashion accessory. The...
This is a great gag gift for the night shift worker in your life. I know they’re going to get a real kick out of it as soon as they see it.
What is it? It’s a retractable badge holder, specifically designed to hold their ID card. But it’s special because it also has a fun saying on the clip that says Straight Outta Night Shift! Night shift workers really seem to get a good laugh from it.
15. Lunar Lamp
- 3D Printed Moon Lamp: Create a relaxing atmosphere at home with the hyper-realistic moon lamp from Mydethun. Its moon-like surface is designed using 3D printed technology and is based on astronomical...
Something about this lamp is so welcoming and inviting. It’s easy to use and it’s even easier to charge, because it plugs in just like any typical USB device.
It’s round, glowing, and you can control the yellow or white light brightness. It’s also very comforting after working the night shift all night long. It almost simulates the nighttime by keeping a glowing moon close to your bed.
16. Funny T-Shirt
- Night Shift Workers, Funny Midnight Shift. First Shift or Third Shift Midnight Crew and Overnight Shift Tee. Anyone who works these hours understands. Perfect Present for a Midnight Shift Worker or...
Your night shift worker will certainly appreciate this funny T-shirt. It reminds them that everything is completely backwards when you work on the night shift. And night shift workers can get really confused at times because they are so out of sync with the rest of the world!
That’s okay though because they perform important tasks and we really need these great workers, so give them a nice gift and a pat on the back!
17. Hanging Door Sign
- - This wall hanging decorative wood sign is sure to brighten your day.
Night shift workers have to do everything in their power to protect their sleep. Hanging a door sign that lets people know you’re a day sleeper and that they shouldn’t ring the doorbell is a brilliant idea.
This sign not only gets the job done, but it will keep unwanted visitors at bay!
Affordable Gifts for Night Shift Workers!
Discovering the top gifts for night shift workers can be a real drag. Thankfully, you stumbled upon this page and simplified the process entirely.
We shared a wide array of incredible gifts for night owls working the graveyard shift. The person you’re buying the gift for will love any of the incredible choices shared above.
Pick something funny, meaningful, or anything in between!