Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
It can be difficult to find unique gifts for potters.
Every time you search, only a few pretty useless ideas come up and a lot of them relate to Harry Potter as opposed to pottery anyway…
The potter in your life already has so many mugs they can barely close the cupboard door and you’re not sure you know enough about tools to buy them something useful.
This list has got your back.
Buying a unique gift for a potter doesn’t have to take loads of research or be really expensive either.
These 9 options are affordable but make really special gifts that will be long remembered.
Unique Gifts For Potters
1. Pottery Gift Tshirt for Ceramics Artist Throw Things
- Caution - I've been known to throw things!
- A funny, vintage and distressed style, pottery themed t shirt that makes a great gift for your ceramics teacher, student, or family member.
This T-shirt, imprinted with the words “Caution. I’ve been known to throw things” makes a really funny and thoughtful gift for a potter.
It comes in a range of sizes for both men and women as well as in a number of colors that are all equally attractive. I wear this T shirt to potter around the house in (literally) and find it super comfortable and soft.
At less than $15, this funny pottery themed T-Shirt is a great option if you want a gift that’s looks great and allows the recipient to show their passion for pottery to the world!
2. Clay: Contemporary Ceramic Artisans
- Thames & Hudson
- Hardcover Book
“Clay: contemporary ceramic artisans” is a book that any pottery lover would be proud to display in their workshop or on their shelves.
Filled with an analysis of the major pottery styles from the last few decades, it is sure to inspire. At around $38, it is a little expensive, but it’s completely worth it because it is a hardback book that is quite rare to find. The book also contains a great number of high-quality images.
This, overall, makes a lovely gift that potters can refer back to throughout their lives as they explore different ideas and techniques.
3. TINTON LIFE 16PCS Wooden Clay Pottery Stamp
- Material&Size: Premium Quality Wood; 0.79"(L) x 0.79"(W) X 2.2"(H)
- With clear texture, easy to use with any crafting clay to design and create your own clay embellishments.
This set of beautiful stamps allow potters to create embellishments on their work.
It contains 16 easy to use stamps, contained in a lovely wooden box, with designs including a tree and an elephant. Most potters are unlikely to already own these as they aren’t part of the main pottery tools usually owned. What’s more, any potter would certainly appreciate receiving these as a gift as it gives them the chance to try out something new!
All of the designs on these pottery stamps are really intricate too and can be used to create interesting textures as well as patterns.
4. The Clay Box
For potters with children or grandchildren, the Clay Box subscription kit makes it easier than ever to get kids involved in the craft. Each box includes a kid-friendly clay project that allows youngsters to create a clay figurine and add details with paint. Instructions are easy to follow and supplement with a video tutorial by a professional art instructor.
Some of the boxes include animal figures like a bear or sloth, while others help kids to create pots that can be used with a pot plant. If you know a potter who wants to share their passion with their kids, The Clay Box should be top of your gift list.
5. ARTEZA Pottery and Sculpting Tools
- 42 Clay Carving Tools - You’ll have all the tools you need for molding clay, carving, smoothing, shaping, cleaning, and cutting your sculptures and bring your vision to life.
- Comfortable Grip - Each wire tool has a smooth wooden handle, making them comfortable to hold and easy to control.
It can be time-consuming and expensive for potters to try to acquire all the tools needed for their craft, so an inclusive pottery and sculpting tool kit is a great gift idea. This set includes 42 different pieces, with tools that can handle every step of shaping, sculpting, and finishing details.
Each of the tools is made from stainless steel which is resistant to rust and can provide years of reliable use. They also have ergonomically designed wooden handles that are comfortable and easy on the hands. You can’t go wrong with a gift for potters if you choose the ARTEZA pottery and sculpting tools.
6. GW Pottery Handmade Stoneware Berry Bowl/Colander, Blue
- Rinse, serve and store berries, fruit and vegetables
- Smart design with a sturdy handle and holes on the side eliminates the need for a saucer and allows the bowl to be carried without dripping
Now this is a piece of pottery that your recipient won’t already own a million of!
This beautiful blue colander, handmade and individually glazed by a potter with over 40 years of experience, is something that any potter would love to receive. It has a unique design, with the handle at one side and holes at the other, but it functions really well and is easy to use.
This would make a great gift to mark a special occasion as this is something that will definitely be treasured for years to come!
7. Detox & Stimulate Hand & Body Scrub
- Detox & Soothe
- This rejuvenating sugar scrub, enriched with certified organic Shea Butter, African Water Mint, Activated Charcoal and Ginger and Opuntia Extracts helps dissolve surface impurities, improves the...
Potters spend so long working clay with their hands that it can sometimes become hard to tell where the clay ends and their hands begin!
This shea and African wild water mint hand scrub gently exfoliates worked hands and rejuvenates the skin. It has lovely natural ingredients with great benefits to them and it also smells amazing. This is the perfect treatment after a long day in the pottery workshop. The packaging is really nice, with a high-end feel and a simple design that suits both men and women.
Any potter would definitely appreciate receiving this gift.
8. PandaHall Elite Calipers – Ceramic Pottery Measuring Tools
- 4 Sizes: 4”, 8”, 10”, 12”，more sizes to meet your needs; Great for shapping, carving, sculpting, and smoothing clay, wax, and soft mediums.
- Clay Caliper Tool: The Clay sculpture tool is light weight and easy to handle; Ideal for pottery clay sculpture measuring.It is a practical tool no matter for professional clay sculpture worker or a...
Serious and professional potters want their work to be balanced and look as good as possible, and accurate measuring is part of this process. This set of curved calipers is ideal for pottery by allowing potters to shape, carve, sculpt, and smooth clay.
The calipers come in 4 different sizes and are lightweight, allowing potters to utilize them for any kind of project. They’re also made from stainless steel with rust-free hardware, making the PandaHall pottery measuring tools a long-lasting and reliable gift for potters.
9. Stainless Steel Glaze Pot
- Material: stainless steel
- It can be used to create special painting effect on the ceramic
This 300 ml stainless steel atomizer is perfect to help the potter in your life create special painting effects on ceramic.
When air is blown through the top pipe, a suction is create that pulls the paint up and sprays out a fine mist of liquid.
Thoughtful Gifts For Potters
There is no need to look further than here when looking for gifts for potters. Not only are there a range of unique gifts to suit every budget but there are definitely absolutely no mentions of Harry Potter throughout!
Pottery is a unique hobby and any potter deserves an equally special gift. From helping potters with inspiration to caring for them after they’ve spent one too many hours at the kiln, these gifts are all super thoughtful.
There is a range of options to suit different budgets but you really can’t go wrong with any of the items on this list!