Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Struggling to find the perfect gift for the songwriter in your life?
I have taken the pain out of the process for you by researching and compiling the following list of unique, practical and thoughtful gifts for songwriters.
From inexpensive stocking stuffers to completely over-the-top presents, there is something here to suit all budgets.
They may even dedicate their next song to you!
18 Great Gift Ideas for Songwriters
1. Funny Song Lyrics T-Shirt
- Music Lovers Gifts for Women & Men - My Brain is 99.9% Song Lyrics - Funny tee for music & song lovers. Makes great gifts for students & kids. Also nice music teacher thank you appreciation gifts for...
Have you ever been interrupted mid-sentence by the songwriter in your life so they can jot down the song lyrics that have just popped into their head?
If so, you will both relate to this T-shirt!
This funny shirt is perfect for that songwriter who just can not turn off their lyrical genius. The lightweight shirt is available in multiple colors in men’s, women’s and youth sizes.
2. Professional Audio Recorder
- Streamlined body with matte finish and newly designed protective mic enclosure
A professional audio recorder works as a gift for someone who has gone past the “beginner” stage and is on their way to become a professional songwriter.
Maybe a bit more expensive but delivers a solid performance with built-in condenser microphones. This little baby looks gorgeous with a matte finish and has a protective mic enclosure with one-touch button controls. No sound can escape your music-producing genius now!
3. A Versatile USB Interface
- A special edition of UA's acclaimed Apollo Twin X interface — with a premium suite of 5 award-winning plug-in titles from Teletronix, Pultec, and UA — a $1,300 value
With real-time uad processing, this audio interface allows near-zero latency tracking. Being able to power it by thunderbolt or USB-C means there is no need to plug it in a separate power supply.
Simplify using bass or guitar by plugging into a direct input jack on the front. Or, plug in your microphone or keyboard using two combo jacks, either XLR or line in. Indeed, a gift for someone looking to go big in songwriting!
4. A Professional-Grade MIDI Controller
- MIDI Keyboard Essentials - 49 velocity-sensitive, semi weighted keys with aftertouch and assignable zones for playing virtual sampler instruments and virtual synthesizer plugins
Eliminate the need to plug-in hundreds of cables and overcome distractions to have a good workflow in the studio.
Potentially capable of exposing a songwriter/composer to new ways of arranging, recording, and performing music. Make your friend feel special with this MIDI controller. Get it for them and watch them touch new creative heights in no time.
5. A High End Moon Pod Bean Bag to Chill
- Fun for everyone: A great size for both kids and adults, this comfy Bean bag is the perfect furniture addition to any basement, family room, dorm, or bedroom whether as a gaming chair or a study spot
A songwriter’s life is not all about playing around with instruments in the studio. Get this comfy, zero-gravity moon pod for those who eschew the traditional recording process.
Breathable and comfortable, it works anywhere in the home. Stuffed with shredded memory foam, it is just amazing for songwriting sessions and simply listening back to some of the old recordings. Experience the brainstorming at its best!
6. Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers
Headphones are essential to get into the wonderful world of music production, and these studio monitor headphones cut it perfectly.
Save your songwriting genius from using tinny sounding trash or consumer-grade “fashion cans” with overpowering bass.
They will love you for these professional-grade headphones with unbeatable clarity throughout an extended frequency range.
7. Deluxe Mini Electric Guitar Amp
- Compact desktop-size guitar amp—perfect for practicing in any room of the home or at a friend’s house; fits easily in a backpack or bag for on-the-go portability
Get this powerful gift for a singer/songwriter in your life. This petite-sized amp looks cute but packs a solid 1W punch.
Want to rock out in the middle of nowhere? No problem. Connect this compact genius with a smartphone, and you are ready to rock even without a team of roadies.
8. A Good Quality USB Handheld Recorder
- Record MP3 Audio quickly and easily
Equip your friend with the ultimate weapon to capture inspiration whenever it strikes, while having lunch, jogging in a park, or maybe when answering nature’s call.
Charge, slide switch, and it’s ready to roll… and this high performer has the juice to offer extended mp3 recording for up to 57 hours.
It gets even better with Auto Voice rec that reduces ambient noise, and results in clearer recordings.
9. A High Performing Bluetooth Speaker
- Portable 5 Watt Bluetooth speaker for indoor and outdoor use
Portability matters to modern-day musicians, and Bluetooth speakers are a must-have for those looking to create music on the go.
Don’t make its affordable price tag fool you, as the output is surprisingly good. Seamlessly connects with any device and delivers a solid battery time as well.
It’s extremely portable and is perfect for outdoor use with its IPX5 waterproof rating, so faces accidental splashes and spills quite gracefully.
10. A High Quality Music Journal
- MOLESKINE ART COLLECTION: From sketchbooks and sketchpads to watercolor notebooks with heavy paper, to music notebooks with plain and pentagram pages, to storyboard layout notebooks, Moleskine's art...
A perfect choice for both professional songwriters and aspiring lyricists, this music notebook is my personal favorite because of its alternating ruled lines and staff paper on each side.
From jotting down music notation, lyrics, and guitar TAB, to creating poetry, doodles, and everything else, it will be the go-to notebook for the beloved songwriter in your life.
11. A Book for the Ultimate Music Lover
- Byrne, David (Author)
Give away this treasure trove of info about all things music to your business-minded songwriter. This brilliantly original book by David Byrne extensively touches the money side of things.
Give some inspiration to your friend with this book that is all about someone who lived it all. Written in a straightforward and “chatty” style, it’s an easy read and highly absorbing too.
12. Essential Songwriter’s Rhyming Dictionary
May not be the most expensive gift item on our list, but it’s surely the most practical one.
This tiny pocket-sized dictionary can be stuffed with the rest of the songwriter’s gear and is the ultimate resource to help pros in their creative endeavors.
No more sloppy or tired writing with this one around… Give it away and watch your aspiring songwriter dropping rhymes a plenty!
13. A Highly Portable Timer
Probably the cheapest gift for songwriters on this list, but is it worth it? Hell yeah! It’s the ultimate way to keep your songwriting dude from procrastinating.
True artists often fail to keep track of time, and this 60-minute visual timer helps bring them back from their trip to la-la land.
A highly impressive time management tool and can complement any other gift you pick from the list.
14. A Superb Audiobook for Motivation
- Audible Audiobook
Songwriters are always on the lookout for some motivation, and when the going gets tough, this audio book can save the day.
Jam-packed with actionable advice and compassionate guidance, it keeps the spirits alive and is a priceless gift for a songwriter/musician determined to steer their life back in the right direction.
15. Try the Oldest Tool for Songwriters
- Rollerball Pen: Bring dramatic dimension to your creations at any altitude with our roller ball pens; Our pens are designed to be airplane-safe so ink won’t won’t explode or leak.
You know you want to sound practical but don’t want to burn a hole in your pocket while picking a gift for a songwriter friend. Try this one for a complete pen snob.
Available in a pack of 12, it is so reliable that your friend will keep one handy all the time. Extremely comfortable with a natural grip and a reliable clasp.
Expect a smooth run across the music notebook with even distribution of ink. Overall, these pens exude perfection!
16. A Quality Book for Quality Music Writing
- Pattison, Pat (Author)
Unless your gift is for an aspiring songwriter thinking they do not want to learn music theory because that will ruin their arts, this book serves as one fine gift.
Understand music theory like interactive online songwriting lessons. Simplify cracking a song structure and discover what’s happening within a key to make a bridge.
Help them learn the rules, so they can break them later and let their inner artist take control.
17. A Nice Little Multi-tool System
- Screwdriver, socket wrench, and hex key All in one
Two gifts are better than one? No need to break the bank, as a handy multi-tool system is all that you need for a guitar-loving, creative songwriter.
Use it to remove the pickguard, adjust the truss rod, or fine-tune the string action and pickup height in minutes. Try it with a black pen or gift it along with a USB recorder.
Not a huge investment but the package will be as practical as it can get.
18. A Highly Useful USB Microphone
- The price/performance standard in side address studio condenser microphone technology
Tight on budget? No worries. A much cheaper USB microphone works just fine for someone just starting as a songwriter. It won’t cost you a penny, but it offers a great recording experience with its XLR input.
Experience unmatched versatility with its high-SPL handling and wider dynamic range. Be ready to see your friend in awe the moment they witness its transient response with extended frequency options.
Gifts that Hit the Right Note!
With every budget covered, and ideas from quirky to practical, I am confident you will find the ideal gift idea above.
The recipient will be singing your praise from the rooftops with one of these excellent gifts for songwriters!