Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
If you have a friend or family member who regularly uses a metal detector, then you know how passionate they are about their hobby!
But what can you possibly get someone who knows so much more about metal detecting than you?
Well, this list of metal detecting gifts includes all kinds of gadgets and items that any metal detectorist can use and appreciate. Choose one they don’t already have, and you’ve got the perfect gift!
1 . Brass Coin Probe
- Overall length: 9-1/2”
Once they’ve detected a coin or metal item in the ground and scooped up some of the earth, this brass coin probe is the next step. It’s used to probe the piece of earth you’ve dug up to locate the item without damaging it.
This device is made of brass to reduce the chances of marring the item before you uncover it. It’s a neat little detail that the metal detecting fan in your life is sure to appreciate.
2. Metal Detector Pinpointer
- 【Light weight, simple operation】one third of the weight of traditional metal detectors. Equipped with plastic elastic roll belt, belt sheath and handbag, easy to carry or hang on to prevent...
If you have a friend who has always wanted to get into metal detecting or one who already owns a traditional metal detector, consider this metal detector pinpointer.
It’s one-third of the weight of traditional metal detectors making it super portable and easy to handle, as well as being fully waterproof. It’s an excellent gift for a beginner detector or someone who wants to add a useful piece of equipment to their collection.
3. “Sweep, Dig, Repeat” Metal Detector Log Book
- Press, Inquisitive Cloudy (Author)
Every dedicated metal detectorist needs a log book to record their best finds. This metal detecting log book is the perfect place to do so, with enough space to record at least 400 detected items along with their location, dates, detector settings, and any other valuable info.
It’s even printed with the words “Sweep, Beep, Dig, Repeat,” a sequence close to any metal detectorist’s heart.
4. Metal Detector Waist Bag
- Digger Supply Pack: pouch is designed with the all-day hunt in mind. Large and roomy, this pouch is perfect for those high trash areas, the Pack will hold it all.
There’s no doubt that a good digger supply pack is the second most useful thing for a metal detectorist (aside from their detector of course!).
And in particular, this digger waist bag comes with the perfect amount of room and compartments to hold everything they need on their next detecting expedition.
Each bag is made from durable 1000D nylon Cordura fabric, with pockets for digging tools and gear, a ring for a pinpoint lanyard, and more.
5. Sand Scoop For Beach Detecting
- 𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗢𝗣: Our Sand Scoop makes sifting through sand quick and easy. Whenever your metal detector buried treasure finds, simply scoop the sand in the target area, and then...
This next tool truly is the perfect companion for any metal detectorist, whether a beginner or pro – just make sure they don’t have one already! This stainless steel sand scoop is perfect for sifting through sand and pebbles when you’ve located something with a detector.
Just scoop it up and watch it sift out sand, stone, and shells so you can easily locate whatever you’ve found. The scoop is strong and lightweight with a carbon fiber handle.
6. Lightweight Detector For Kids
- 【Premium Quality Design】PANCKY kids metal detector is designed by professional industrial designers with comfortable handling telescopic arm designed perfectly fits children's aesthetic and is...
The best way to nurture a passion is to start young! If you know a young person who has expressed an interest in metal detecting, this lightweight metal detector designed for kids is the perfect place to start.
It’s made of ABS plastic, making it easy to handle, carry, and use, and is height adjustable so it can be continually used as they grow older.
7. Heavy Utility Gloves
- Reinforced Palm - Duraclad Reinforced Saddle, Palm, Thumb And Covered Fingers For Ultimate Durability And Increased Grip
A high-quality pair of heavy-duty gloves probably isn’t the first thing you think of when you think of metal detecting, but they are an essential part of the process.
Help out your favorite metal detectorist by gifting them this “handy” pair of Ironclad utility gloves. These gloves are reinforced to increase grip and durability and come with thermoplastic knuckle protection, perfect for long days spent handling metal detectors, shovels, scoops, and probes.
8. Portable Handheld Microscope
- ☁【WiFi & USB Microscope】- This is a wireless handheld digital microscope that has been designed to work with your mobile Android or iOS device（open your device WiFi to connect to the...
When we do think of metal detecting we tend to think of the moment that you strike gold (or metal, at least), but what happens once you’ve unearthed those things? Well, that’s where the Skybasic digital microscope comes in.
This microscope acts as a highly optimized wireless magnifying glass that can be taken on metal detecting trips and used to examine and identify any unusual items that might be found along the way.
9. Wooden Glass Top Display Box
- WOODEN DISPLAY CASE - This display case is ideal for storing earrings, rings, beads, pins, bracelets, necklaces, brooches, medal and more.
Any dedicated metal detectorist will have a few choice items and artifacts that they’ve uncovered over the years. So why not give them a rustic and charming way to display their precious finds with this wooden display case.
Each case is made to be sturdy and durable with metal clasps and hinges, and comes with a tempered glass lid so they can admire their finds whenever they want!
10. “Talk About Metal Detecting” T Shirt
- We Use INDUSTRY LEADING Printing Techniques to GUARANTEE the Best Quality Finish
Give them a t-shirt that lets everyone know what their priorities are, and they’ll never have to deal with boring conversations again! This novelty metal detecting t-shirt reads “If You Want Me To Listen To You, Talk About Metal Detecting.”
This 100% cotton tee from Reality Glitch is a must-have for the metal detectorist in your life and comes in 6 different sizes.
11. Underwater Metal Detector Pinpointer
- [𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛-𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗛 𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗣 𝗧𝗘𝗖𝗛𝗡𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗬& 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗬] With the most advanced microprocessor control design,...
Help them take their metal detecting gear collection to the next level with this incredible pinpointer that will allow them to explore and make discoveries underwater!
Metal detectorists can take this high-precision detector as far as 30 meters below the waves, detecting items using pulse vibration and strobe light. It’s an excellent opportunity to turn their niche hobby into a thrilling adventure that their friends or kids can tag along for too.
12. Rapid Response Reebok’s Boot
If you have a metal detectorist friend who regularly likes to take the roads less traveled, make sure they’re walking there in comfort with this hardy pair of Reebok rapid response work boots.
These high-quality boots are made of 100% leather, are slip-resistant, and come with composite safety toe caps, ensuring that they can take their detecting equipment into the great unknown, knowing their feet will be safe and sound while they do so.
13. Body Harness For Metal Detectors
- One of the simplest and effective detecting bungee harnesses available today
If they’ve already got a sturdy set of boots, here’s another invaluable piece of metal detecting equipment that is guaranteed to make life easier when they’re out on long detecting expeditions.
This body harness for metal detectors is especially useful for people who use heavier traditional detectors. It’s a simple bungee harness that can be used by both right-handed and left-handed detectorists and eases much of the carry weight from their shoulders, arms, and wrists.
14. Metal Detector Headphones
The beep of a metal detector means you’ve found something! But unfortunately, not everyone loves that exciting sound as much as a metal detectorist does.
Thankfully these metal detector headphones will ensure that your loved one isn’t disturbing anyone while they explore.
The DetectorPro Grey Ghost comes with a high-quality connector system with a detachable cord and is designed to be super comfortable while picking up the faintest of signals during their search.
15. Multi-Purpose Folding Shovel With Pouch
- Military Shovel Multitool with awesome handle design.This tactical shovel includes a shovel,saw,axe,disgorger,bottle opener,fire starter,nail puller, trowel,hexagon wrenches,safety hammer,waterproof...
If they are regularly using their detector in hills and fields, they’re going to need more than a sand scoop to dig up the treasures, knick-knacks, and debris that they find.
That’s why they need this super convenient foldable shovel because it’s not like they can cart a regular shovel with them on every metal detecting expedition!
This incredible multi-purpose tool can also be used as a saw, ax, fire starter, and more, and can be easily broken down into smaller parts to fit into a simple carry pouch.
16. Edge Digger With Carry Sheath
- Perfect Companion for Treasure Digging: The metal detecting shovel can withstand high-intensity work, and it is perfect to be used for gardening and digging for treasure. The edge digger is absolutely...
If a foldable shovel is a bit heavy-duty for your metal detecting friend or loved one, maybe this edge digger trowel is more their style?
This hand trowel is heat treated, double serrated, and made from manganese steel making it a very strong tool that will allow them to dig quickly and deeply into the ground, easily unearthing whatever treasure they’ve found.
It’s a high-quality and long-lasting tool that comes with a sheath and loop belt.
17. Mini Leather Coin Pouch
- Top Grain Leather : Durable Vintage Top Grain Leather fits easily inside jeans pocket, handbag, backpack, cars etc for maximum convenience.
Let’s face it, most metal detectorists need to accept that they’re going to find old coins more than almost anything else. Some of them are valuable and others not so much, but all of them are a sweet token of their favorite hobby.
Give them this compact leather coin pouch so they always have a special place to keep their coin discoveries. These minimalist pouches are made from top grain leather and come in four different colors.
18. Limbsaver Metal Detector Sling
- Adjustable shoulder sling designed for use with metal detectors
Holding a heavy metal detector with one arm is a recipe for strained, sore muscles. Help your favorite metal detectorist enjoy their hobby without needing a visit to the chiropractor with one of these simple, elegantly designed Limbsaver metal detector slings.
All they need to do is attach it to the arm of their detector, and the Limbsaver will keep it balanced in place, redistributing the weight from their arm and shoulder to their entire upper body.
19. Metal Detecting Thigh Pack w/ Water Bottle Pouch
- ✅ NYLON MATERIAL: Made of thick&durable density Nylon material men leg bag provides a guarantee for its long life, tear resistant. Pure color and not easy to fade.
If they are regularly out and about on long metal detecting trips, they may need to take a lot of things with them. So make sure they can take what they need in as compact a package as possible with this metal detecting thigh pack.
It’s made of dense, tear-resistant nylon with detachable straps for the waist and leg, and had compartments for cellphones, flashlights, power bank, keys, and more. A matching water bottle pouch is also included.
Metal Detecting Gifts To Take Their Hobby To The Next Level
Whether they want to start exploring for treasure in the ocean or just need a little something to store the best things they’ve discovered, this list can help you find the ideal gift for the avid metal detectorist in your life.
Any one of these gifts will help your friend or loved one improve their skills or make their life easier when they’re out exploring with their favorite device.